When and where will it be held?
- The departmental ceremony will be Thursday, May 18, 2017 at the Student Recreation Center from 12:00-1:30 PM. Although you may know the way, be sure to alert your guests of the location, especially those who may need special assistance. Please use the back entrance to the Rec Center (down the ramp). You can click on the following link for a map and directions to the venue: http://tcnj.pages.tcnj.edu/about/campus-info/campus-map/
Is there assigned seating for guests?
- Guests of graduates may sit in any seats not marked reserved. Please respect the College limit of six guests per graduate.
- Graduates will be seated in a reserved section at the front of the venue.
- If you require special needs seating (i.e., space for a wheelchair), please send an email to Dr. Margaret Martinetti (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 4:30 PM on Wednesday, May 10.
Do we need to notify the Psychology Department in advance that we will be attending?
- Yes! Please click here to complete a very short Qualtrics form so that we know you will be attending and to provide a phonetic spelling of your name.
**Please complete the Qualtrics form no later than Wednesday, May 10.**
- IMPORTANT: In order to get on the departmental program, be sure that you have applied for graduation and been cleared for graduation as soon as possible, and have indicated to the college that you will be attending graduation. Students who delay applying to for graduation may not hear their names called (and therefore not have the opportunity to walk at the departmental ceremony).
Do we need tickets?
- No. We do not have physical tickets for this event, but please respect the 6-guest limit per graduate.
- Additional guests can see you at the main ceremony later in the day and take pictures immediately after the department ceremony ends.
Is there signing for the hearing impaired?
- If you require a sign language interpreter at the departmental ceremony, please make this request through the Office of Disability Support Services (Phone: 609.771.3199, Fax: 609.637.5107, Attention: Meghan Sooey, Email: email@example.com).
DAY OF DEPARTMENTAL CEREMONY
What time do we show up?
- The ceremony will begin at 12:00 PM.
- All graduates will need to arrive dressed in their regalia by 11:45 AM and select a seat in the designated graduate seating area in time for the ceremony to begin promptly at 12:00 PM.
- Guests of graduates can enter through the rear door of the Student Recreation Center (between 11:30 AM – 12 PM).
Do we process into the ceremony?
- No. The ceremony will begin with faculty and graduates already seated in their designated areas.
What do we do when our names are called?
- Each graduate, upon hearing his/her name called, should proceed to the tables that are set up directly in front of the stage. Approach from the right side of the stage (as you face it) and walk in front of the tables to receive a carnation and a diploma cover.
- Keep the carnation and diploma cover on your left side and shake hands with the chair of the Psychology Department using your free hand.
- After leaving the stage, graduates must return to his/her row and sit down.
Thank you for your cooperation with these guidelines. We hope that you and your guests enjoy the ceremony!
Dr. Margaret Martinetti
Psychology Ceremonies and Recognition Committee